Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Comfort

I'm coming out of my blogging hibernation just for a moment. My Scripture for today was just too important and too comforting to keep to myself.

Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me. Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5:10-12 NASB)

When someone lies about you, it hurts, especially when it's someone who is supposed to know better. I am thankful that Jesus knows the pain and that His Spirit can comfort wounded souls.

2 comments:

Steve said...

My girlfriend and her sister and brother were in court this morning because thier oldest sister was wrongfully charging them with elder abuse of thier mother. (Oldest sister is the one being investigated)The case was thrown out of court and they were vindicated. I sent them your blog entry and wanted you to know of the comfort your entry provided to complete strangers.

Thank you very much...

Steve.....

JKCT said...

I enjoyed reading that I have a blog to if want to see clik the link.
http://lambsedition.blogspot.com/