Friday, July 07, 2006

Rocky Mountain High

Since the Christian Booksellers Convention is in Denver next week, I am now in the mile-high city. I came early with my wife and three of my children so we could see some of the attractions in the area. Yesterday, we rode horses and hiked at Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) and had a great time. I'm a little saddle sore today, but not bad.

I especially enjoyed a 3.6 mile hike from Bear Lake to Emerald Lake and back. The scenery was absolutely beautiful! The hike out to Emerald Lake is all uphill, which was helpful, because my kids were pretty tired when they got there. The hike back down hill was a breeze.

If you're ever in the area, I recommend going to RMNP. It's a pleasant drive from Denver, maybe about an hour and a half or so, depending on where in Denver you are.

2 comments:

M. C. Pearson said...

Hi Bryan! I am going to the Philly Writer's Conference in August and have requested that you review chapter one of my book.

I'm so excited to see that you are also a blogger!

About Denver, I lived for a few months in the Denver area when I was in the Army and doing training at Lowry AFB. Yes, it is SO beautiful there.

Bryan Davis said...

M.C.

I'll look forward to meeting you in Philly.