Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Looking for a new church in Tennessee

At the end of May, I will be moving my family to Western Tennessee, near Middleton to be more precise, so we will be looking for a new church. I'm sure many of you in the area would graciously receive us with loving arms extended, but I'm hoping for a good fit. It's important to have strongly held beliefs affirmed.

Our beliefs our not exactly in the mainstream, so I will list some things I'm looking for. PLEASE don't reply to argue against my beliefs. That would be counter productive. I also realize that I might not find all of these in a church, but a reasonably close fit will help us be more comfortable. I am willing to make a significant drive in order to worship with like-minded brothers and sisters.

1. Teaches straight from the Bible - Not topic of the week
2. Not Calvinist
3. A holiness perspective-Close to John Wesley or Charles Finney teachings
4. Homeschool friendly
5. Teaches modest dress standards
6. Encourages courtship rather than dating

I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

3 comments:

Pam Halter said...

hi Bryan ~ I live in NJ and can't help directly, but I was wondering if you could check out some churches online before you get there. Then you would have some info beforehand.

It's hard to look for a new church. I'll be praying for you guys.

Unknown said...

Finding a church can be difficult - after all, it was 3 years until I found my current church. I sincerely hope it doesn't take you guys that long to find a new church :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Davis,
We have a church plant in Tennesse but I am not sure how far it is from your home. Our website is Sovereigngraceministries.org. Please feel free to check it out!
L.West