Sunday, March 21, 2010

All My Books

With Starlighter coming out, soon to be followed by Masters and Slayers, I have received many questions about my list of books and how they fit together, so here is a list of my books and an explanation that, I hope, will answer potential questions.

I have published thirteen novels:

I Know Why the Angels Dance - standalone novel for adults. Also suitable for teenagers.

Dragons in our Midst has four books (readers are 10 years old and up)
Raising Dragons
The Candlestone
Circles of Seven
Tears of a Dragon

Oracles of Fire has four books. It is a sequel series to Dragons in our Midst. (Same age range but longer in length and deeper in scope)
Eye of the Oracle
Enoch's Ghost
Last of the Nephilim
The Bones of Makaidos

Echoes from the Edge as three books. It is unrelated to any of my other series, and readers should be at least thirteen)
Beyond the Reflection's Edge
Eternity's Edge
Nightmare's Edge

Dragons of Starlight has one book so far, Starlighter, and it is unrelated to the three series above. It has the same target age range as Dragons in our Midst.

It will have three more books that don't have firm titles yet. This is a series for young adults (teens to adults but pre-teens can enjoy it as well). The second book in this series will probably come out in early 2011.

Masters and Slayers is a novel that will extend the story in Dragons of Starlight, but it will have a different series name due to the fact that it is being produced by a different publisher. It is complete and is scheduled to come out in September of 2010.

Masters and Slayers is designed for adults but can be enjoyed by teens as well. You don't have to read this book to enjoy the Dragons of Starlight series, and you don't have to read Dragons of Starlight to enjoy Masters and Slayers, but readers of both will get a lot more out of the story world. There will be one more book in that series. No title yet.

I will also produce a new series called Children of the Bard. This will continue the story world created in Dragons in our Midst and Oracles of Fire. There will be four books, the first of which will be called Song of the Ovulum. The first book is scheduled to come out in the spring of 2011.

I also have two non-fiction books for men: The Image of a Father and Spit and Polish for Husbands.

30 comments:

Israle Surrnak said...

It will be interesting to see what Song of the Ovulum will be like with the co-author.

Araken said...

But it will be more fun to read it...

Anonymous said...

Who's the coauthor?

Galadriel said...

Is that the one GD gets to help with?

Bryan Davis said...

I will be announcing the coauthor at a later time.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Oh never mind I see now that Masters and Slayers in the novel name without a series title yet lol My bad.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

So pumped for all the new books :D
So there are two books in Masters and Slayers? Does the first book share the series name as well? lol
Stoked for SOTO. Though Starlighter is holding my attention well enough now ;)

Janelyn said...

I finished Starlighter yasterday afternoon, Mr. Davis. Awesome job! At first it threw me for a loop, because I, for some crazy reason, had expected it to be set in contemporary earth; but once I got re-adjusted to the change I loved it. ^_^ I found a few things towards the beginning fairly predictable, but most of the twists came as a complete surprise. Koren is wonderful, and I can't wait to see how the Masters & Slayers book adds to the current story. (I'm planning to write a review for it shortly.)

Navybro said...

Did you see my comment on the forum on who [I thought] should write the next series? (Legossi)
On that note, is she gonna be the co-author? (But I remember what you just said about that.)
I'm that curious.

Bryan Davis said...

Janelyn, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Navybro, Legossi is not the coauthor.

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

I'm stoked about another addition to the dragon series!! My brother has been bugging me saying he wants Mr. Davis to write another addition to the series...well it looks like his wish has come true!! I'm excited for the "Song of the Ovulum"!! (P.S. I finished reading "I Know Why the Angels Dance", it's a really good book)

Sir Guy said...

Isn't it Galactic Overlord?

Bryan Davis said...

Yes, it is Galactic Overlord.

Navybro said...

Ok. It was a crazy idea anyway. (although I thought that's what you did----i.e. crazy ideas) ;)
(the 'ok' was in response to the answer to the second question; though you didn't really answer the first[, which referenced the 'crazy idea']...)
(but nevermind, since it was a crazy idea anyway...) :P

Free Giftcards NOW said...

Man, I love the Oracles of fire and Dragons in our midst...I cant stop reading them. First time I picked up the books I knew I would be reading them for years to come. I only have one question. Are you going to write another book to sum up what happened at the end of the series?

Bryan Davis said...

Son of the King, there will be another series called Children of the Bard that will begin coming out in 2011.

Rachel Detzler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I just finished The Bones of Makaidos like 5 minutes ago and ran straight to the computer to search for possibly another book to continue this. Since I was given the Eye of the Oracle for my birthday (January) I couldn't stop reading and ended up with all eight books, I let my friends know about them and now three are beginning the series while at least two others are interested. I love books like these that have a special way of keeping the plot exciting while adding great lessons. I love how Enoch and the nephilum were actually mentioned in the bible too.

Bryan Davis said...

Thank you, Anon. You will be glad to learn that there will be another series to follow Oracles of Fire. It will be called Children of the Bard, and it will be coming out beginning in the middle of 2011.

Matthew Bourne said...

Will Children of the Bard continue with the same characters as Dragons In Our Midst and Oracles of Fire? Or different ones? I felt like their story (Billy, Bonnie, Sapphira, etc) was pretty complete. But I'm sure either way you'll make it amazing!

Bryan Davis said...

Matthew,

Children of the Bard will have both old and new characters.

I agree that the other two series felt like a complete story. I wouldn't have continued it without an idea I liked a lot, so get ready for a great adventure.

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm so happy that Dragons in our midst will continue
Sapphire is my favorite character will there be much of her?
By the way you're books are Amazing!!

Bryan Davis said...

Anonymous, I'm not giving away story details. Sorry. :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BOOKS!!!! I really loved the Dragons in our Midst series and the Oracles of Fire series! they were amazing!!! I know your making a new series to continue those series, and I CANNOT WAIT to get it!!! but, sadly its release is so far away :(
btw, are you going to put Billy and Bonnie's kids in that series?? im REALLY curious to how they turn out and if they'll have more powers than Billy and Bonnie because they have two anthrozils for parents?? Either way cant wait for your next series, you're an exceptional author and your stories are encouraging and amazing.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!!
-Dragon Rider :)

Bryan Davis said...

Dragon Rider,

Thank you for the comment. I'm glad you love my books. :-)

I think it would be impossible to leave Billy and Bonnie out of the new series, but I'm not sure how heavily they will be involved. We'll see.

But I'm not giving any story details yet. Maybe soon.

Maddie said...

Mr Davis, i'm so glad you're writing another book1 I can't wait to read it! And thanks for the tip about how to end a book.

Anonymous said...

Mr Davis I cannot begin to describe how much i love your books! The dragon series have truly inspired me beyond measure, they are the best books i've ever read, hands down. I always felt like i was in the story, and i love, love, love the relationship between Billy and Bonnie. I read Song of the Ovulum (finished yesterday) and i am so excited to see what's next! I wish you would write 50 more books in this series :)

Bryan Davis said...

Thank you for the kind words. They are a great blessing.

Lisa said...

Will the Children of the Bard series be recorded in audio like the other Dragons in our Midst series?

Bryan Davis said...

Yes. If the publisher won't make an audio version, I will do it myself.