Wednesday, November 29, 2006

An Old Poem

While going through my files, I unearthed this poem I wrote years ago. I hope you enjoy it.

There is a path
That goes I know not where.
Though savage beasts may prowl its edge,
I trust the one who laid it there.

What is faith?
A path unknown
Whose builder’s name
Is signed in stone.

There is a road,
A course without a bend,
Though blinded in the storms of night
I run as one who knows its end.

What is faith?
A road so straight
That never turns
From Heaven’s gate.

There is a way,
A light of truth and life,
Though wrapped in humble cloths of flesh
He breaks the chains of sin and strife.

What is faith?
A way to see
Who lights the world
And sets us free.

There is a journey
Of nails and thorns in flesh.
Though blood and tears obscure the way
They purify the martyr’s steps.

What is faith?
The journey home
Is veiled in tears
Yet fully known.

3 comments:

BeckyJoie said...

Nice Poem! It sounds like a classic.

Anonymous said...

I truly was inspired by this poem. It helped me to see faith in a new light. Thank you

Bryan Davis said...

Thank you beckyjoie and anonymous.