Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Enoch's Ghost Update

In case anyone is wondering, Enoch's Ghost is coming along well. The story is pretty much finished. I just have to add a few sequences to a couple of scenes.

Right now the manuscript stands at about 104,000 words, and I expect that it will top out at around 110,000, which is about the length of The Candlestone--longer than Raising Dragons and Tears of a Dragon, but shorter than Circles of Seven and much shorter than Eye of the Oracle.

I think I'll be completely finished with the story by the end of the week, then I'll have a couple of weeks to polish everything before sending it to the publisher.

3 comments:

Astral Pen said...

That's good news! And it only took about three months to do, I think. I've enjoyed following the running page counts on your banner. It encourages the rest of us who are trying to get a 100,000+ story going. (Mine's now at 62,246).

Anonymous said...

Wow Mr. Davis...this is awesome news!!

Like GO, I've also enjoyed being able to read your word count.

I'm very excited for you, and for the new book.

Julius Scipio said...

Your word count reminded me of NaNoWriMo all over again, Mr. Davis. :)