Saturday, November 10, 2007

Spokane Appearances

My time in Spokane has been great. I visited two public schools--Salk Middle School and Shaw Middle School--and one private school--Northwest Christian Elementary School. I spoke to five groups of students at Salk and then a parents' group in the evening. We had about eighty show up for the evening sessions, which was fantastic.

The feedback was phenomenal. I heard from a teacher that one parent was so moved by my appeal for positive fantasy for children, she was in tears (in a good way). Apparently many parents gained a new perspective. I'm very happy with the results.

The bookstore appearances went very well, too. I sold about sixty books at the Christian Supply Store, so that's really good.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Seattle. Please pray for a safe journey, good health, and positive results.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great. It's good that you got all the positive feedback. The more awareness of the genre we promote, the better. I and I'm sure the others will continue to pray for you.

WayneThomasBatson said...

Rock on, Bryan!

That is soooo cool.

Unknown said...

That's pretty awesome, someone was moved to tears, Hope you continue to have a successful journey within the lands of the Northwest

Pam Halter said...

You're a fantasy pioneer, Bryan. I, for one, am grateful. I believe a good fantasy can reveal great truths, and I'm hoping to count myself in as a contributor someday.

One word for Seattle: umbrella

Sapphira Adi said...

That is beyond great!

Yes, you'll be in my prayers;)

Good luck on your progress. You never know what will happen;) He He He. . .