Friday, November 16, 2007

Tour Photos

Now that I have a few minutes to upload a few photos, I can show you what I've been doing.

The photo to the left shows me speaking to the students at MEI Middle School in Abbotsford, British Columbia. The four hundred or so students were a polite, attentive group, and they gave me an enthusiastic welcome. I talked about how God has guided me through my author's journey, and I gave them good reasons to believe that reading Christian fantasy is an excellent way to grow closer to God. I told my "dime and two pennies" story, and that seemed to make quite an impression. (I told that story in an earlier blog entry.)

In the photo to the right, I am speaking to the fifth graders at MEI Elementary School. They also proved to be a great group of kids. It seems that the younger the students are, the more willing they are to ask questions, so we had a great Q&A time.

Finally, in the photo to the left, I have a chance to rest for a moment as we are setting up for a signing at the Angel Christian Supply store in Surrey, B.C. We had a nice turnout, and the proprietor, a lady named Marlene, was a great host. I am thankful for the bookstore managers who have helped me so much during this tour.

Tomorrow, I have a signing at the House of James bookstore in Abbotsford, then I begin my journey home. Thank you everyone who has been praying for us!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

A question. What do you talk about when you go to schools? I know no one has come to our school and talk about their books or whatever you talk about. Where can I read that dime and two pennies story?

Bryan Davis said...

cfa, when I speak at Christian schools, I am free to talk about how God has guided me through my author's journey. At public schools, I give the same talk but leave out any specific references to God. I can, however, talk about faith and inspiration. At either type of school I talk about the power of the fantasy genre or do writing workshops.

Below are the blog entries that tell about the dime and two pennies story. Someday I'll have to blog about the interpretation I came up with, but you can read it in Enoch's Ghost.

http://dragonsinourmidst.blogspot.com/2006/09/signs.html
http://dragonsinourmidst.blogspot.com/2006/12/signs-update.html

Unknown said...

Thanks. That's pretty cool about the dime and two pennies. I'm still working my way up through DIOM, but I can't wait to get to Enoch's Ghost to hear about the interpretation.

Pam Halter said...

What an amazing journey, Bryan. I hope your throat is better and you have traveling mercies on your trip home.

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you had a good time. Hope you're feeling better! *hugs* Love you and miss you!

Holli said...

It was a blast having y'all, the numerous times you dropped by. Saturday evening was memorable. hehe.


I'm glad y'all had a good time up here in the beautiful, albeit wet, Northwest.

Unknown said...

Is that a poster for Beyond the Reflection's Edge I see, can;t wait to read that books, sounds awesome. Glad to hear you have been getting such an enthusiastic response. Warn them not to read during class, I got yelled at the other day, totally zoned out during class sneaking Enoch's Ghost under my desk. We had some down time, and I kinda forgot to stop reading, because I was totally caught in the moment and could not put the book down, was way too good!!!

Bryan Davis said...

Justin,

Yes, that is a Beyond the Reflection's Edge poster. Glad you noticed!

I'm glad you're enjoying Enoch's Ghost!

Unknown said...

I just finished Circles of Seven and wow, I mean, these books just keep getting better. Great job, Mr. Davis, I can't wait to read Tears of a Dragon.

Pam Halter said...

hi Bryan ~ you might want to check out Randy Ingermanson's blog this past week. He's got Jeff Gerke as a guest and they're talking fantasy, sci-fi, etc. It's really interesting!

http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/blog/