Monday, November 03, 2008

Motiv8 Authors Series - L. B. Graham

A week ago, I introduced you to Wayne Thomas Batson. Today, in an ongoing series, I will feature another author from the Motiv8 Fantasy Fiction tour.

L.B Graham is the author of The Binding of the Blade, a five book epic fantasy series with P&R Publishing that began in 2004 and just recently culminated with the publication of All My Holy Mountain in 2008. The first book of the series, Beyond the Summerland, was a 2005 Christy finalist in the “Visionary” category.

Touring with L.B. was a lot of fun. He has a great sense of humor and a wide variety of interests, so listening to his part of the chatter that often flew about our travel van was always entertaining. He also introduced me to the Jack in the Box restaurant chain, which isn't in my geographic region. I tried his favorite breakfast sandwich, and I give it a hearty thumbs up.

L.B. was born in Baltimore, Maryland and grew up there before heading to Wheaton College outside Chicago in Wheaton, Illinois. From there he went to St. Louis to attend Covenant Seminary. Since 1996 he’s been teaching in St. Louis, the last 9 years at Westminster Christian Academy where he also serves as the Bible Department Chair.

With diverse writing interests, L.B. currently has a nonfiction book proposal under consideration, but he is also developing a new fantasy series which he hopes to begin proposing to publishers soon.

I will be watching L.B.'s writing career progress, and I hope it continues to be successful. I haven't read his books, but my eldest son has, and he enjoyed them very much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, Bryan!

Sharon Hinck said...

LB is certainly a gifted speaker and teacher . . . but I forgot about his passion for Jack in the Box.
Hee hee!
Thanks for reminders of the warm fellowship of the tour!

Camden said...

Ah, the woes of the library only holding up to book 3 in BoTB! I love a book that ends with suspence, but when you can't get to the next great book, things get a little frustrating!! ;)

~Elliot

Galadriel said...

Ditto Elliot. I admit, I got really frusterated with the cliffhanger endings of 1-4. But trust me, All My Holy Mountain makes up for it, even if it has to come all the way from CO to WI via Interlibary loan!

WayneThomasBatson said...

There's a way around that whole library thing: go buy the next book! lol

Of course, a fellow author would give you such advice. rofl

Galadriel said...

That only works if you have the budget for it.