Monday, December 08, 2008

Motiv8 Authors Series - Jonathan Rogers

The Motiv8 tour authors series continues with Jonathan Rogers, author of the Wilderking Trilogy. I had the opportunity to get to know Jonathan on the tour in an unusual way. On three occasions we arose early and ran together before our events of the day. It was great to have someone to run with, because when I'm on tour I find it hard to run in unfamiliar places, especially when it's dark and cold outside. It really helps to have someone at your side, not only for safety reasons, but just to help pass the time and distract from the pain of running.

It was a pleasure to get to know this friendly, dedicated, and self-sacrificing gentleman. It was especially fun to hear him read from his stories. I will never forget his imitation of his "feechie folks." He had everyone laughing every time he read those sections at our events.

Although I have not read his books, they are highly acclaimed by people I trust, so if you have a pre-teen or younger teen reader, give them a look.

3 comments:

Araken said...

Those books are by Jonathan Rogers? I'll have to pick one up

Jonathan Rogers said...

Bryan, I was very happy to have somebody to run with on our trip...and as I remember, one morning we had to make 14 laps around a small loop in order to get our 30 minutes in. I think one of my legs is shorter than the other as a result!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if his books are available in South Africa...
I'll definitley take a look!