Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fantasy Fiction Tour Prep Continues

So what do you pack for a tour that lasts 13 days, if you include ICRS time and travel time? Everything! Besides our clothes, we have books, banners, swords, shields, and costumes!

At the upper right, you can see my darling daughter Amanda modeling the elvish-style cloak Sharon Hinck will be wearing at our appearances. We will all have similar cloaks as well as swords and shields, so it should be a lot of fun. At least we'll attract attention.

In order to haul everything, I will be renting a small trailer, but that presents another problem. I'm wondering how I'm going to get around in New York with a trailer. First, what's the best way to get to New York from Newark, Delaware? Hauling a trailer will make the New Jersey Turnpike expensive. Should I park the trailer somewhere outside of the city and drive in? Take the subway in? A bus?

If there are any veterans of New York travel out there, please give me some advice.

Just a couple of days, and I'll be taking off. Please pray for us!

For more information about the tour, go to http://www.fantasyfictiontour.com/

1 comment:

Roheryn said...

'kay, I've asked some of my family/friends who know more 'bout driving than I do... they suggested calling Triple A, to see if they can map out the cheapest, fastest way from DE to NY. Also, talk to the hotel where you are staying to see if you can park with the trailer there, or see 'bout leaving it outside the city.
I can see if my mom has more suggestions when she gets back from camping...