From the previous contest, we already have three winners of the "Books for Life" prize. They are eligible again, meaning that they could end up with two copies of every book I publish. Also, if you won any books in the previous contest, you can just add on more books if you win something in this contest.
Since contestants will accumulate points in this contest, I will be able to award prizes to others who do well. The second place finisher will receive the next five books I publish. Third place will win the next three books, and all of the top ten finishers will receive a free copy of The Bones of Makaidos, book four in the Oracles of Fire series, when it comes out.
Here are the guidelines, which should be simpler than the previous contest. It took a great deal of time to process all the photos last time, so I won't be asking for those.
First, post a comment here to let me know you are participating. You will also have to send me an email with your real name and address to verify your participation. I will keep your personal information private. Please send the information to bryan (at) dragonsinourmidst (dot) com. Of course, replace "at" with the @ sign and "dot" with a period.
The contest will officially begin as soon as I get at least thirty participants, or on August 14, whichever comes first. It will end on October 13 (the end of the Motiv8 tour), so it will last two months. I will accept point reports until midnight on October 13.
Here is how you gain points:
1. Recommend any books written by any of the Fantasy Fiction Tour authors.
Bryan Davis, Wayne Thomas Batson, Sharon Hinck, Christopher Hopper, Donita K. Paul, L. B. Graham, Eric Reinhold, or Jonathan Rogers.
If some buys a book, send me a scanned photocopy of the receipt by email. The receipt must show the store name and the date, and the date must be on or later than today's date, August 7, 2008. Every book purchased is worth thirty points.
If you have a receipt from an online store, I have to be able to verify that it's real. Since I'm trying to promote buying at bookstores, books on online receipts will be worth only ten points each.
Buying a book for someone else counts. You can even buy every book that every author has written, and each one will count, even if you buy multiple copies of the books.
If you are unable to scan a receipt, you may mail a photocopy to me at P.O. Box 512, Middleton, TN 38052.
2. Write an online review of any books by any of the fantasy tour authors. Each review of my books is worth ten points, and reviews of books for the other authors are worth eight points each. The review must be on a public site such as Amazon.com or Christianbook.com, and the review must be positive. If you post a negative review, that doesn't help promote the books, right?
Reviews of Beyond the Reflection's Edge that were counted in the previous contest are not eligible, but old reviews that you have posted for my other books are eligible as well as Beyond the Reflection's Edge reviews that weren't counted in the previous contest. Reviews submitted to other contests, such as Wayne Batson's contest do count.
Reviews on blogs count, as long as they aren't just comments on a blog. I have learned that Goodreads is not public enough, so that won't count.
You may use the same text for reviews on multiple sites.
3. As the contest continues, at random times, I will post a something about one of the other fantasy authors, maybe a question about a blog post he or she made or something about one of their books that can be discovered from their blogs. I will announce the points available at the time. The first few to give me correct answers will get bonus points, so keep an eye on the blog.
4. I might also add new ways to get points, including a pop quiz from one of my books. As above, quick responses get bonus points.
5. Get someone else to participate in this contest. It's true that the new contestant will be in competition with you, but if you do well, you won't have to worry about that. When your referred contestant signs up through email, make sure he or she mentions you as the one who referred him or her. For each referral you will be awarded five points, but there will be a bonus. For every ten points your referred person accumulates, you will get another point. Does that sound like multi-level marketing? Yup!
If you get someone to participate, you won't get your five points until that person gets at least some points through reviews, photos, etc.
6. Get people to come to one of the Motiv8 Fantasy Fiction Tour events. Have that person tell me who sent him or her, and you will get thirty points for each person who comes because of your referral.
7. Put a Motiv8 fantasy tour banner on your website or blog. Click Here to get the code for banners. If you put a banner on your site and leave it through the end of the tour, you will get twenty points, but you must get the banner up by September 1.
8. Put an image of one of my book covers on your blog and leave it there for at least one month, and include a link to my author purchasing site: http://www.daviscrossing.com/shopping.htm
That will earn you twenty points.
I hope this competition stays loving and friendly. Although I hope you want to win the books, I also hope you want to share with others the benefit of reading the offerings of each author.